Welcome to our PTA (Parent Teacher Association) Website Page. Here you will find all the information you will need about the PTA and the events that are organised.
What is the PTA?
The PTA is a group of friends of Threshfield Primary School who do so much to support and help the school by organising fun events for everyone to enjoy and raising money in many different ways throughout the school year. The PTA is made up of parents, relatives, staff and members of the community who give up their time to organise and run events.
What sort of events do the PTA run?
Each year the PTA have a programme of different events and the last school year saw the events of a Valentine’s Disco, movie nights, End of-Year BBQ party, Curry and a Quiz and many more.
What happens to the money raised at the PTA events?
The money raised through all of these events is so important and supports the school in contributing towards resources, school trips and equipment used by all pupils. In the previous year £??? was raised and this money helped pay for a:
- A new outdoor Wendy house and large toy storage shelves in Class One. These enable the children to access all the equipment independently and ensure the equipment is looked after and stored correctly;
- A mud kitchen for Class 2’s new outdoor free-flow learning area;
- New furniture for Classes 1 and 2;
- A new reading scheme to support the reading of children both individually and in guided reading sessions throughout school;
- Leaver’s Hoodies and a Leavers’ Book for the children in Year 6 and
- New dictionaries, both English and French, and thesauruses for all classes.
As you can see from the extensive list above, the work of the PTA is vital to the school and the children.
Who co-ordinates the PTA?
We have a number of key roles in the PTA with the people below having responsibilities for specific areas.
New PTA committee roles 2019-20
Chair – Ellie Green
Please talk to any of these people if you would like to know more about the PTA or would like to get involved.
What can I do to help?
If you would like to be actively involved in supporting the PTA then please come along to one of our meetings which take place once a term. If you would like to support our events by sparing an hour or two to help but cannot attend meetings then please join our e-mail list to be kept up-to-date on the organisation of events.
We would love to hear from you and are always looking for any support we can with the PTA. The school really do appreciate the fantastic contribution we make to school life.